You want your home to shine above the competition so spending the time and energy getting it ready will help you get close to your asking price and sell as quickly as possible. Here are a few ideas to get you started on making your home shine without spending a lot of money:
- Sweep the sidewalk, mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden, mulch the planting beds and clean debris from the yard.
- Clean the windows in and out and wipe down the window blinds.
- Make sure the paint looks fresh, is not chipped or flaking. Touch up where necessary.
- Unclutter all the rooms. You are moving so start packing everything on the countertops, in closets, pack decorations and remove all extra furniture. Please neatly store these items in the garage. A garage is a garage so neatly storing items up to the ceiling will not hinder a sale.
- Clean, clean and clean and spruce up all rooms, furnishings, floors, walls and ceilings. It’s especially important that the bathroom and kitchen are spotless.
- Open the windows and blinds – let the light shine in. Turn and leave the lights on in any area that is dark. Turn on all inside and outside lights during evening showings.
- Make sure the appliances and fixtures work. Fix leaky faucets and broken toilet seats.
- Put the pets away during home touring times, make sure the kitty litter box is clean and pooper scooper the back yard.
- Make sure the house smells good: apple pie, fresh bread or cookies baking.
- Everyone loves fresh flowers – so put vases of fresh flowers throughout the house.
- Having pleasant soft background music playing in the home will help set your stage for your home to sell.
Dress your home for success and before you know it will be sold.